May 5, 2010

Spotlight On...Alison Chambers

Please help me in welcoming Alison Chambers to the Keyboard today.  Alison, tell us a little about yourself.

I have been in marketing and public relations most of my life and was part owner of an association management firm based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin handling national medical and trade associations. I majored in history and political science in college and both topics seem to find their way into my books. I love to travel, play piano and write, of course.

How did you start writing?

When I was fifteen, I read a lot of Nancy Drew books and got interested in mysteries where the girl is the heroine who follows the clues, is smarter than everyone else and saves the day. I started writing short Nancy Drew stories, then branched out and wrote my first novel at eighteen. I have written six more novels since and I’m working on my eighth.
Who are your favorite authors?

I am a fan of thrillers and romantic suspense. I enjoy Alistair MacLean, Clive Cussler, Dan Brown. In the romantic area, I enjoy Danielle Steele, Christina Dodd, and Janet Evanovich.
Why did you choose your genre?

Nothing could be better than marrying the elements of romance and suspense and it’s one of the hottest genres around.

What writers have influenced you the most?

Alistair MacLean and Clive Cussler for the suspense. Danielle Steele for the romance.

How do you approach your writing? Do you plot or go with the flow?

I always have a detailed outline and a detailed character sketch made before I start. Otherwise, I wouldn’t know where to go or I’d get derailed going off in too many wrong directions.

Describe your writing in three words.

Suspenseful. Intriguing. Romantic.

Your first book is releasing on May 7, The Secret Sentinel. Can you tell us a little about it?

Three lost keys to untold riches. A secret society’s deadly plot.

The Secret Sentinel is a story about museum curator, Savannah Rutledge, who gets into a lot of trouble stealing her father’s treasure map to lost Confederate gold. She meets a handsome, sexy stranger who wants the gold too, but she doesn’t trust him. Together, they follow a perplexing trail of cryptic clues in a cross-country chase to unlock the mystery. Will she ever find the treasure and love too? Watch for the ad and review in the June issue of Romantic Times!

Do you have any 'must haves' with you while you're writing?

A thesaurus, my notes and outline, and hopefully, a sharp brain that makes the words flow like velvet onto the page.

What's next for you?

I have finished my next book called Preying for Survival and am shopping it around. I’ve started the one after that called The Virgo Stone.

Where can we find you on the web?

http://www.alisonchambersromance.com/
Thanks for visiting with us today, Alison.
Thank you!

Readers, scroll down for a blurb and excerpt from Alison's book.

0 comments: