July 28, 2010

Spotlight On...Sloane Taylor

Today I have a very special guest, erotic romance author Sloane Taylor.  Sloane is a fabulous woman, who I'm very excited to have visiting the keyboard today.  Please help me welcome her!

Welcome, Sloane, can you tell us a little about yourself?

Hi, Sarah, thank you for having me out today. My trusty pearls are slung around my neck, so I’m ready to chat. :)

I’m a sensual woman who believes humor and sex are healthy aspects of our everyday lives which carry over into my books.

My stories are set in Europe where the men are all male and the North American women they encounter are both feminine and strong. As a true romantic, my women bring more than lust to their men’s lives.

I was born and raised in Chicago. Studly, my non-husband and mate for life, and I split our time between a home in Illinois and a weekend cottage on the back roads of Indiana…or you can catch up with me as I travel though Europe, researching new material.

Tell us about SULTRY IN SWEDEN and where it’s available.  

Sultry In Sweden is my latest release from Amber Quill Press – Amber Heat.

This is the blurb:

Battered hockey player Colt Coltrane arrives in Sweden with one thing on his mind—victory. A bad spill later, however, and he's at the tender mercies of the sexiest masseuse he's ever seen. From that point, all his good intentions go straight to hell when he strips for the Swedish iceberg.

Disa Ellstrom has had it with sports figures who always expect more from her than a massage. She can't believe her friend Carl sent the American goalie to her. Unable to ignore the man's pain, however, Disa takes on Colt and soon finds her heart melting faster than a spring thaw.

Combine a hot-blooded American and a Swedish spitfire and they're sure to set Stockholm ablaze...

Read an excerpt HERE

Describe your writing in three words.

I’m a writer, Sarah, three words aren’t enough. LOL How about we go with hot, hotter and hottest!


How did you start writing?

It was the strangest thing. These black and white pictures kept charging through my mind like an old-time silent movie. I had to jot them down just to clear my poor brain. When I started to do that, the images changed to colors. I honestly thought I was losing my mind. It got better, easier, with each book, but it’s still weird. :)


Why did you choose your genre?

I didn’t. It chose me. On the advice of a friend, I took an erotica writing class with the Queen of Hot, Jan Springer. When the session was over, Jan advised me to quit my day job and write fulltime. It was a tough decision, but Studs encouraged me and here I am, six years and thirteen books later still unable to believe my good fortune.


What writers have influenced you the most?

Tough question and one I can’t honestly answer. I read all genres and have learned techniques from each.


How many books have you published? In what order should we read your books?

There are eleven out now. Eight are with Aspen Mountain Press and the other three with Amber Quill Press – Amber Heat. Before the year is out, three more will release.

The only series that really has an order is the Magnificent Men of Munich. It would be best to read them: Teddi Turns On, Lonnie Heats Up, Francine On Fire and Isabella Ignites. The other series aren’t as tied in to one another, so they can be read however a person likes.


How do you think being a published author has changed you?

Unfortunately, I’ve become more reclusive. I enjoy being alone and always had, but now it’s even more so. Instead of going out three nights a week, it’s only one with friends. We do accept invitations, but I find myself being quiet and withdrawn, especially in a new group. This is so unlike the old Sloane who socialized all the time. Now, I prefer to have company and hold dinner parties as often as possible rather than go out.

On the writing side, it’s hard to read a book and not edit it. LOL. I’m not being a snob. It’s just that you notice so much after you’ve had several excellent editors.


What are you passionate about?

Besides Studs and writing? LOL. Cooking. I absolutely LOVE to create new dishes. My site has a dedicated section, “What’s Cooking”, with easy recipes from myself and many talented friends and authors who also love to cook. I’m always looking for new recipes. Hint hint. :)


Where can we find you on the web?

My site is:  http://www.sloanetaylor.com/.
The blog is:  http://www.sloanetaylor.com/blog.
Of course, there’s Facebook:   http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=617411675&ref=ts
and Myspace:   http://www.myspace.com/sloanetaylor


Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?

Yes, Sarah, and thanks for the opportunity. I’m most interested in which media people favor between e-books and print and how readers feel about books written in first person. If anyone is willing to offer an opinion, you’re welcome to email me at sloanetaylor@comcast.net.

This has been great, Sarah. Thank you for opportunity to meet your readers and gab. :)

Thank you, Sloane, for visiting with us. 

2 comments:

Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Cool interview, Sloane!! :-)

jan, Queen of Hot

Sloane Taylor said...

Thank you, my goddess!