September 29, 2011

Fantasy and Romance

When I was growing up I read a lot of fantasy novels. For the most part I loved them. They were an escape to somewhere else, where the ordinary could become extraordinary. And who doesn’t want to discover they were a secret princess with latent magical powers destined to rule the three kingdoms and marry the handsome prince…oh wait, to save the kingdom and keep your magical powers you have to sacrifice the prince—or he, you.

Those bits I hated. I wanted everything, the magic, the power and the romance. Discovering romance novels as an adult filled that gap, but it wasn’t enough. So I started writing fantasy romance, then I discovered paranormal romance and gave that a go. As luck would have it was my paranormals that got picked up first, but I am dipping my toes back into the magical waters of fantasy romance.



While The Goblin King (October 4) is paranormal romance and set in the present day I did get to create the goblin world of the Shadowlands (cold and grey and able to breed every fear you can imagine, plus full of heartless goblins).

 Dark Vow (November 14) is a romantic fantasy set in a western style world with magic guns, vampiric horses and a reluctant wounded hero. While it is romantic, rather than romance I promise there is a happy ending.

If you’d like a sneak peak at The Goblin King there is a free prequel out now.
The Summons is available at Amazon, iTunes and Barnes and Noble.




A civil designer by day and an author by night, Shona Husk lives in Australia at the edge of the Indian Ocean. Blessed with a lively imagination she spent most of her childhood making up stories. As an adult she discovered romance novels and hasn't looked back. Drawing on history and myth, she writes about heroes who are armed and dangerous but have a heart of gold--sometimes literally.

With stories ranging from sensual to scorching, she is published with Ellora's Cave, Samhain Publishing, Carina Press and Sourcebooks.
 

1 comments:

Sarah Grimm said...

Shona-

Thanks for being my guest! Your covers are absolutely GORGEOUS! Wow!