March 13, 2012

Spotlight On...Michele Hart

Please help me welcome Michele Hart to the keyboard today. Welcome Michele, share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I’m Michele Hart, and I write gritty, high-action, Paranormal/Sci-Fi Romantic Adventure. Love under all new moons and stars. If you like Sci-Fi detective stories, if you like angels and demons, my stories are for you. I live in Central Florida, and I’m planning my end-of-the-world celebration for December 21st. ***wink!*** I never turn down a reason to throw a party.

Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

My latest release is called Gangbusters. It’s an M/F about a trio of undercover cops embedded in the black market taking down drug suppliers. The hero Danny, a cop and secret demon slayer, falls for Faith, an investigative journalist who demands to know exactly what she’s looking at. Danny shows her a war between good and evil, angels and demons, for the souls of humankind. Woooo…. ***Insert the sound of rattling chains*** Someone’s got to save the worlds, you know. :-)

Here’s a taste for you:

In the end, it’s either you or the demon that comes for you.

Daniel Tierney and his fellow I-Marshals take down the organizations producing the most dangerous substance in the Alliance. But reporter Faith Vedder turns up at the worst times, including Danny’s near-assassination. He’s had enough of her interference and requires her source of information.

Faith won’t tell him anything that compromises her Pulitzer-worthy story, not even under the magic of hot attraction. She doesn’t know she’s surrounded by fallen angels at war. Danny’s not finished making demands. She doesn’t understand until a giant, snorting, winged monster slobbers down her back, threatening to flay her.

The gangbusters can’t delay in their mission to shut down gangs until Danny learns the new criminal kingpin of their world is a man who once held Faith’s heart. In the guise of a gangland executioner named Heretic, Danny will destroy him. Even if it destroys Faith.

Angels are watching. Demons are plotting. Faith is the key.

***



Don’t stop. Read more.
Investigate steamy, peril-packed excerpts, read a tense first chapter:

Go ahead. The angels of madness are calling.


What was the hardest thing for you about writing this story?

Accepting that I had to give it to my publisher. Was that too honest?

What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

It’s a myth romance, and it’s sitting here in my hard drive. It’s too big to be given to a publisher. It had served well for teaching me my weak and strong points.

What’s the hardest part of writing for you?

The hardest part is blotting out real life for concentration. I envy those who can easily do it.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I work for an action group planting edible peace gardens around the city. I love the work.

How did you come up with the title for your book(s)?

This title came before I was finished writing the previous story in the same series since the series is about crime gangs. Titles usually come to me before I begin the story or early therein. I’ve no process for it. The story tells me.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?

Be prepared for the long haul. Make yourself an expert at self-promotion. Learn to do a lot by yourself: book trailers, covers, websites. The more you can do yourself, the less you must pay others. Prepare to spend money.

Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?

Can I interest you in a sssexy and dangerous shape-shifter escaped from a prison-planet for your spring break affair? How about a brawler with a badge who can read your thoughts? Imagine yourself trapped on a space station with your high-school crush and only hours to live. Find me when you’re ready for a risky mind-control adventure battling the CIA. Feel like fighting the Mob today? Does your heart secretly desire to be frightened by demons, rescued by angels? A gangland hit man named Heretic awaits you…

Discover passion, dare, and adventure under all-new moons and stars. Investigate me. 
http://www.ILoveShape-Shifters.com/

Thanks, Sarah and readers, for having me. Peace on Earth, everyone!

Michele Hart

Read and live an adventure!

4 comments:

Calisa Rhose said...

Sounds like a lot of exciting action! Now to find someone to teach me to make trailers and such. Thanks for a great interview to start the day, ladies.

Michele Hart said...

Hi, Calisa. Thanks for stopping by.

I use Movie Maker. It comes with Vista and Win 7. Very easy to use. Good luck!

Peace on Earth. Hell in Space.

Michele Hart

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Michelle, I'm checking out your website. I am in such trouble. I rarely read anything with shapeshifters, yet I have a story calling me. I'm back and forth between it and the last book in a romantic suspense trilogy. Between the shapeshifter in Scotland and the romantic suspense set in Paris and Berlin, I'm getting jet lagged sitting in my recliner. I'm researching shapeshifters, so hope your site gives me a few gems of wisdom. Wishing you great luck!!!

Isabella Macotte said...

Sounds wonderful! Sexy and scary, a great mix!