November 19, 2011

Snippet Saturday

A sudden thump sounded against the door, then a second time, louder than the first. Paige jumped, her pulse skipping as the sound came again and again. She screamed when with a resounding crack, the front door swung in and slammed against the inside wall.

The man stood, framed in the doorway, one arm raised and holding the door against the wall to keep it from swinging back at him. His glasses were gone now and the sight of those eyes looking at her, staring at her from a stranger’s face, actually made her feel faint.

Her breath clogged in her lungs. Her body began to tremble even harder. She’d seen those eyes before, staring down at her as she slept. She’d thought she’d dreamed them, but here they were. Eyes so blue that had she not known better, she would have believed they were colored contacts.

“It can’t be,” Paige whispered, clutching her cell phone so tightly her fingers went numb. “You’re dead.”

“Put down the phone, P.C.”






Not Without Risk

available now:
The Wild Rose Press
Kindle
Nook



7 comments:

Catherine Bybee said...

Ohhh, me like.

Karen C said...

I can tell I need to move this to the top of the reading list!

Calisa Rhose said...

Ok look- I just read After Midnight. I need to read someone else's before I read another of yours. :) I can't wait though. I almost started it yesterday. I love this excerpt! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Grimm said...

Thanks, Catherine!

Sarah Grimm said...

Thanks, Karen C. I hope you enjoy it.

Sarah Grimm said...

Calisa, who said you had to read someone else first? *wink*

Looking forward to hearing what you thought of After Midnight.

J.A. Beard said...

Ah, nothing like THAT kind of surprise.