June 27, 2007

Getting back on track

With everything that has happened recently, it’s would be easy for me to sit on the couch and stare at the walls in self-pity. Easy, and I must admit, some days very tempting. After all, I should be celebrating a new release right now. Not agonizing over the fact that my favorite bit of writing so far was out for a mere five days before I learned that not only would it not be available any longer, but I face a long wait before I get the rights to the book back and can publish it somewhere else.

Sorry, a bit of a temper fit there…

Okay, so I have decided that sitting on the couch and stewing will get me no where. It is a colossal waste of my time. What have I been doing instead? I have been getting ready to start my next book. I finally purchased a desk and set it up in the corner of the dining room. I’ve hung my corkboard, replaced the castors on my office chair with ones that will not damage my hard wood floor, and after a quick trip to the local Costco, I will set about moving my laptop from the kitchen table to my new work space.

Am I excited? Definitely. Not only will I have my own space, but the clutter will no longer cover my kitchen table, and tonight I can begin plotting out my next book.

What do I plan to write? A hot and sexy romantic suspense, of course. I’ll post further details soon.

Until then, stay safe and well.

~Sarah

1 comments:

loralee said...

You are absolutely doing the right thing, Sarah. Keep writing those hot, sexy romantic suspense stories. They'll be picked up by another publisher before you know it.
Your talent will shine through the cloudy days.