January 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


“Why would someone want you dead, Paige?”

“I don’t know.”

"Is there anything you’re not telling us about the events of yesterday morning? Something Leroy St.John told you, something you saw?”

“I told you everything.”

“You’re sure?”

“Yes.”

Under different circumstances, she might not have blamed them. She had no proof, just her word that she had seen the photograph. But her life was in danger. Someone had killed Leroy and blown up her car. She knew the two events were connected. The same way she knew the photograph had been there and that the uncluttered desk before her was important.

For a long, tense moment, Sergeant Harrison’s dark gaze locked with hers. She caught a flash of emotion in his eyes, then it was gone and they were cool and disconnected—cop’s eyes. Her heart lurched, and her knees went weak.

“What do you want me to do?” he asked.

“I want you to believe me.”




Not Without Risk
available now from
The Wild Rose Press





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first line got me hooked! Nice job.
Liz Arnold
www.lizarnoldbooks.wordpress.com